360+ French swear words and phrases list, including Curse words, Cuss words, Insults words, Offensive words, Rude words, Dirty words, Vulgar words, and more. Our French swear words list is for free download, and free for personal and commercial use.
The French language is one of the most important languages in the world, around 800 million people are French native speakers worldwide, mainly in the Americas, Europe, and parts of Africa, and it’s in widespread use throughout Central and West Africa, Madagascar, Mauritius, and North Africa, as well as in many other countries worldwide.
As a matter of fact, swearing in French is much less obscene than in English, and since censorship on television doesn’t exist in France, the idea that certain words are bleeped out on American TV is a bit odd to them.
If you turn on any popular French TV show, just like everyday conversations, French culture is filled with curse words or expressions. But without some knowledge, popular culture and informal conversation can be quite confusing.
Most people tend to swear when they are stressed or angry. They also tend to swear when they are hurt in some way. Studies have shown that swearing does have a pain-reducing element.
Each swear word and curse phrase in the French language comes with its appropriate settings where it should be used. From joking around with friends or stubbing your small toe on the edge of a table to expressing anger towards someone who has wronged you, there is a French cuss word for each occasion.
All French individuals are using a regular dialect with French swearing, yes they can be extremely inconsiderate, but it’s really a delightful dialect yet they do have some appalling words!
Swear Words Types & Meaning
A swear word is a word or phrase that’s generally considered blasphemous, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive. These are also called Bad Words, obscenities, expletives, dirty words, profanities, and four-letter words. The act of using a swear word is known as swearing or cursing. The swear word serves many different functions in different social contexts. Swear words may express annoyance, aggression, and insult, for instance, or they may express solidarity and friendliness.
- Curse Words – Profane or obscene words, especially as used in anger or for emphasis.
- Insults Words – Words used to treat with insolence, indignity, or contempt, also to affect offensively or damagingly.
- Offensive Words – Words that arouse resentment, annoyance, or anger.
- Dirty Words – A vulgar or taboo word or any word, name, or concept considered reprehensible.
- Rude Words – Discourteous or impolite words, used especially in a deliberate way.
- Sexual Words – Words related to male and female, mother, father, sister, wife, lesbians, homosexuals, people, animals, intersex organisms, and their body parts.
- Vulgar Words – Words that are characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste.
- Obscene Words – Offends you because it relates to sex or violence in a way that you think is unpleasant and shocking.
- Naughty Words – Means disobedient, mischievous, or generally misbehaving, particularly when applied to children.
- Inappropriate Words – Words not useful or suitable for a particular situation or purpose.
Profanity Words and Your Business!
It’s really recommended to use the Swear Words List to protect your website and your brand from these kinds of profane words by using profanity filters. These profanities filters with the use of the Swear Words List can protect your website and your brand, and also protect your visitors and customers from the user-generated content, which contains offensive, swear, and bad words.
How to use our French Swear Words List
Use a Profanity Filter to censor content on your website to easily filer and block out all swear words from your website.
Copy all the swear words from your Swear Words List and paste them into the Profanity Filter “Keywords Comment Moderation Box”. You may also add any specific words or any forms of unwanted content which you want also to be filtered and blocked out.
Please note that most platforms have a profanity filter, just as Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, WordPress, and many more. And according to your platform, you can also find so many free profanity filters and plugins on the net.
French Swear Words List Download
Our List of French Swear Words is offered in 2 different file formats, TXT file format, and Comma-separated TXT format, so you are free to download the one that meets your requirements.
Text File – One word per line
Comma-separated Text File
Last updated: May 12, 2022
You May Also Like:
Thank you for stopping by, have a nice day!